Last Revised: June 21, 2018
- Information we may collect about you
Personal Information is information that is about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph or any other information from which you may be personally identified (“Personal Information”).
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal Information you provide us, when you use or visit on our Site, use to our services, make a reservation to participate in a BooknBrunch event, provide information to host or provide the venue for a BooknBrunch event, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit User Content, contact us, join our mailing list, if you report a problem with the Site, or where you otherwise choose to provide us with Personal Information.
- Non-personal information we automatically collect when you visit the Site, such as technical information detailing your visits to the Site, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information we receive from other sources, for example if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, related companies, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) (including without limitation Amazon.com.ca, Inc., Stripe Payments Canada, Ltd. and their respective affiliates) and may receive information about you from them, which we may combine with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
- How we may use Personal Information
We use the information collected and held about you primarily to provide you with the services you have requested when you provide us with that information.
We also use the information we collect to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us (including without limitation as required to facilitate the execution of BooknBrunch events);
- make a booking or reservation you have asked for;
- create a BooknBrunch event profile you have asked us to create;
- facilitate a purchase or transaction you have chosen to make with us or a third party service provider, for example, if you choose to purchase a book from Amazon.com.ca, Inc. or its affiliates;
- administer prize draws, competitions or promotions;
- notify you about any changes to our services;
- conduct marketing, or other promotional activities;
- help ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our products, services and Site;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Site;
- help keep the Site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- provide you with the information (including without limitation newsletters, blog posts and other updates), products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (you may always withdraw your content to being contacted for such purposes);
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- To our BooknBrunch event partners that host, provide the venue, sponsor or promote any event that we promote via the Site.
- Our promotional partners (including without limitation restaurant venues) for the purpose of contacting you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services (if you have requested to be contacted for such purposes).
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- Marketing Communications
With your consent, we may use your information to contact you by e-mail and/or SMS about offers, events, products or related services that you may find useful. If you later do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing communications received from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also, if you have expressly consented, share your data with other reputable companies both within and outside Canada for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- Third party websites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites owned and/or controlled by third parties (including without limitation Amazon.com.ca, Inc., Stripe Payments Canada, Ltd. and their respective affiliates). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Cookies and how we Collect Information through Automatic Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, what areas of a page you click, how long you view our pages, and the files you request). The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
We have also implemented the following Google Analytics features on our Sites: (i) Remarketing with Google Analytic; (ii) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; (iii) Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting; and (iv) Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers . To find out how you can opt-out of Google Analytics features, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- How we protect Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you and, where necessary, to have it corrected. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To request access to your Personal Information, or if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email us at email@example.com. We may require you to prove your identity before providing you with access to your Personal Information. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
- Children and Parents
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.